Wednesday, January 30

Stickitin

I sorta made a tune up for this in my head, but I can't really explain how it goes.
It's like a mix of country music and the troubadour melodies from Disney's Robin Hood.




It has been a few days since I posted here
but don't you worry my darling dear
don't you never worry or have no fear
'coz when you need help then I'll be there

when evil darkness is on your door
butchered dolls on your kitchen floor
neighbour's making your bum go sore
you lose your job in the grocery store

Then I'll be comin' around for you
These words that I say are all so true
there's no one else for me but you
just call for me when you're feeling blue

I'll be there like a knight of old
shining armour and heart so bold
But wait too long and I'll be bald
then I'll really be like a knight of old

Some people say I'm a useless man
a man who neither wills nor can
"You and your dog are of the same bad brand"
They mock me 'coz I don't own no land

(Well actually I do own some land,
but it's only an acre, and it's down in
Montenegro so I don't talk much about it)


But I don't care what they say of me
I don't need to leave a legacy
My spirit's unbound and my mind is free
and that is all I demand from me

3 comments:

Mab said...

Very deep!

It makes me want to put on a cowboy hat and strap on my spurs.

Haha I said strap on.

Audun said...

It started out as very non-serious, and then I came up with some serious lines that fitted very well with the rhyming, and then it all went downhill.




I said cockblower

Tora said...

funk